I am currently pursuing a Ph.D. in Sociology with a concentration in Political Economy and an Interdisciplinary Graduate Certificate in Social Theory. I hold degrees in Sociology (M.A. 2012) and Anthropology (B.S. 2003) from Middle Tennessee State University.
Aesthetics, Appalachian Studies, Comparative Historical, Critical Pedagogy, Cultural Anthropology, Critical Theory, Dramaturgical Sociology, Environmental Sociology, Marxism, Musicology, Participant Observation, Political Economy, Qualitative Research, Social Movements, Sociology of Religion, Sociology of Sport.
- 2014 - Radical Ideology Today: Marxism and Anarchism. Chaired the Platypus Affiliated Society's discussion panel, Knoxville, TN.
- 2013 - A Blessing and a Curse: Faith and Environmentalism in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Paper presented at the Southern Sociological Society's Annual Conference, Atlanta, GA
- 2012 - No Depression in Heaven: Men, Music, and the Masculine Protest. Paper presented at the Women's and Gender Studies Research Series, Murfreesboro, TN.
- 2011 - Equal Education? Evaluating the American Promise. Chaired the Student Paper Session at the 20th Annual Tennessee Undergraduate Social Science Symposium, Murfreesboro, TN.
- 2011 - Paradise Lost, Again: The Role of Christianity in Shaping Environmental Attitudes. Paper presented at the 20th Annual Tennessee Undergraduate Social Science Symposium, Murfreesboro, TN.
- American Sociological Association
- Platypus Affiliated Society (Knoxville Chapter Head)
- Southern Sociological Society