I am currently a second year Environmental Sociology Master's student working on my thesis project, Food Access and Practices in your community: A Survey of Neighborhoods in East Knoxville. My research interests include food justice, social justice, social problems and community organizing.
- Smith-Cavros, E. M., Duluc-Silva, S., Del Carmen Rodriguez, M., Ortiz, P., & Keith, E. O. (2012, June). "You Can't Eat Money When You Are Hungry": Campesinos, Manatee Hunting, and Environmental Regret in Veracruz, Mexico. Culture, Agriculture, Food and Environment, 34(1), 68-80.
- Duluc-Silva, S (2014) Participant. Revisioning Sustainability: Campuses as Catalysts for Regenerative Food systems. 2014. 22-25 June 2014. University of Massachusetts Amherst.
- Duluc-Silva, S. (2014) Paper Presentation. Food Access and Practices in your community: A survey of Neighborhoods in East Knoxville, TN. Second Annual Workshop on Food Justice. 23-25 May 2014. Michigan State University.
- Duluc-Silva, S. (2014) Research Incubator. Place Attachment: Built Environment of Community Gardens in East Knoxville. Southern Sociological Society annual meeting. 2-5 April 2014. Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Smith-Cavros, E., S. Duluc-Silva and E.O. Keith. (2010). Poster Presentation. Visions of Nature and Place in myth and Story among Campesinos in Veracruz, Mexico. American Anthropological Association annual meeting, 16-21 November 2010, New Orleans, Louisiana.
- American Anthropology Association
- American Sociological Association
- Southern Sociological Society
- Sociology Graduate Student Association – Coordinator 2013-2014
- UCW-CWA Local 38650
- CAPP's Ad Hoc Committee